Norlan Hand-Blown Double-Walled Whisky Glass
Combining Design, Science and Ritual for the Perfect Whisky Drinking Experience
Form and Construction
The Norlan Whisky Glass is a transparent double walled vessel, formed with glass blowing technique into two separate two-part molds: one for the inner wall, and one for the outer wall. When the inner and outer glass walls are prepared, the rims are reheated and the inner glass is inserted, at which time the rims are sealed. This creates a hollow body glass with dramatically different inside shape to outside shape.
A unique effect of the double-walled construction is the intensity of color added to spirits in the bowl, which is further carried up into the rim of the glass.
Features at a Glance
The perfect synthesis of a tumbler form, with an exceptionally improved nosing glass performance.
A modern, lightweight design featuring double-walled glass, combining a faceted base with a curved inner bowl.
Specifically designed to allow you to inhale and drink the spirit without tilting your head back too deeply.
Aerates better than any other glass, reducing ethanol intensity, requiring less water dilution for richer aromas.
Focuses and diffuses the aromatics to the nose and mouth, revealing hidden flavors.
Meticulously refined with master distiller Jim McEwan over the course of a four day workshop.
- Material: Mouthblown double-walled borosilicate glass
- Dimensions: 3.74" tall, 3.22" diameter, 2.48" diameter at rim
- Total capacity approx. 6.9 fl. oz. Recommended pour 0.75-1.5 fl. oz.
- Weight: 4.4 oz (that's very light)
- Packaged in an elegant tube with one microfiber polishing cloth included
- Designed by Sruli Recht
Use & Care
- Lovingly polish before use.
- The glass was designed with the intention of enjoying whisky neat. Use of ice is not recommended.
- Not to be used with whisky stones as they can damage the inner wall.
- Please hand wash only.
- Do not place in a microwave or oven.